Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Gentleman Jim 1,079, Loopy Lee 74

Well, dear reader, the people of Greenwich have spoken, and Loopy Lee has been knocked for what one hopes is her final loop. The only astounding thing about the vote totals in yesterday's Democratic primary is that 73 other local loonies apparently voted for Loopy Lee in addition to her own vote.

That is, of course, assuming that LL did not do what we were taught in grade school, namely not to vote for yourself in an election. Your scribe thinks it is possible, though perhaps not very likely, that Gentleman Jim Himes did in fact vote for his opponent out of old-fashioned sportsmanship, in which case there are only 72 certifiable loonies still at large in the Town of Greenwich.

But the damage has been done. Loopy Lee squawked loud enough and long enough to get both the local rag, AKA Yellowwich Time, and the local non-news station WGCH, otherwise known as the World's Greatest Communication Hoax, to take her seriously. Their craven kow-towing to her stridency has done our community a great disservice, spreading her hate-filled views as though they actually had a place in civilized society. Shame on the media of the Town of Greenwich for playing along as Loopy Lee's patsy!

And, of course, one of the most rational minds and skilled writers this Town has ever been privileged to call a citizen has lost her job for trying to maintain a sense of balance and fairness in this community. The local rag - which, quite appropriately, has just been taken over by the Hearst Corporation, long known for its propensity for yellow journalism - chose to listen to Loopy Lee's malicious and largely false accusations against Sarah Darer Littman, and relieved Sarah of her long-running responsibilites on the op-ed page.

On second thought, dear reader, Loopy Lee may have won the election after all. The final score is Loopy Lee one, and the truth zero. And we are all the losers as a result.

Update: M. I. has left a comment about Sarah entering the blogosphere. My bad for not letting everyone know that you can read the amazing (truly!) adventures of SaraClaraDara at: http://saraclaradara.livejournal.com/ and her political blog at http://saramerica.livejournal.com/. If and when I get around to taking M. I. up on her offer to redesign my blog, you will undoubtedly see links to Sarah's sites. Meanwhile, add them to your own list of favorite sites!

7 Comments:

Blogger Malicious Intent said...

Dear Scribe, it is time to introduce Sarah Darer Littman to the wonderful world of blogging where she may continue to spout her words of truth!

And then proceed to advertise said blog in the local paper. :)

Certainly there is a community section.

August 13, 2008 6:05 PM  
Blogger Bill Clark said...

Ah, M. I. Sarah has been blogging since before you and I learned the wonders of the on/off switch on our computers - well, it's true for me, at least. I have updated the post to include links to her outstanding contributions to the blogosphere.

August 14, 2008 10:42 AM  
Blogger Sarah Darer Littman said...

Thanks for the kind words, MI!

Keep an eye out for my new online project, which will be launching around Labor Day. I'll keep you posted...

August 14, 2008 2:06 PM  
Blogger Malicious Intent said...

I shall check her out!

August 15, 2008 6:41 AM  
Blogger Malicious Intent said...

P.S. I have told ya just to call me and I am more than happy to walk ya through the mechanics of it all!

August 15, 2008 6:43 AM  
Blogger Malicious Intent said...

Hey thanks for turning me on to Sara...I mean in a blogging way...I don't do girls. Nothing personal. Well maybe it...is it?
I think I have spent to much time in the sun today.

August 17, 2008 1:30 PM  
Blogger Bill Clark said...

Well, M. I., if you *were* going to do girls, you couldn't find anyone more fun than Sarah!

(But I think she has a boyfriend...this Webmeister dude's been hanging out with her for well over a year, and shows no signs of going away....)

August 18, 2008 10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home